Every so often the PR team gets together to discuss books, articles, industry trends. This week the discussion topic was a recent blog post by Brian Solis, summarizing The State of the Tweetosphere. Here, Solis offers a rosier outlook than the Mashable article mentioned earlier when we discussed Twitter’s flatlining traffic.
Some interesting tidbits:
- The number of people signing up for Twitter is still growing, but not as fast as before.
- User engagement with Twitter continues to increase, with more users filling out their full profile information, posting tweets more frequently, and following more users each day.
- 120 is the new 140. Leaving room for extra characters increases the likelihood your tweet will be retweeted and shared amongst users.
- You are most likely to be retweeted on a Monday or Friday.
- The most active times on Twitter are Thursdays and Fridays, between 10 and 11 pm.
What do you think of the current state of the Tweetosphere? What does this data mean for you?