As any MMIer can tell you, this takes a lot of work and a lot of planning, but The Perfect Event absolutely does exist (and it’s also a lot of fun to work on).
Whether it entails driving across the state, chasing golfers around a golf course, hooking Santa up to a zip-line or live blogging, we have done it for a client event. We are experts at registration, we are snake charmers and we are reindeer coordinators. We light towns pink, we staff street teams and we pitch tents. If it needs to be done for an event, the MMI team can do it.
Here are just a few tips we’ve learned over the years that will help you stay sane.
- Budgets are a girl’s best friend
- You can never have too many power strips
- If someone offers to help, take them up on it
- Always have an extra Sharpie
- Get any necessary city permits way in advance
- Stay organized from the jump
- Publicize early and often
- Eat a good breakfast
- Have a backup plan in case it rains (or pours)
But the number one thing to remember is this: Confidence in yourself and your plans is the most important tool in your arsenal. With that, you will move mountains.
And if a tiny little something goes wrong, keep in mind the sage advice of the British…
Keep Calm and Carry On.
Everything will be just fine!